Building a Better Slice of Toast For Tomorrow ...morning

4.05.2005

Talk to people and they talk back? You lost me.

For a year now, I've been going to the same rock climbing gym and essentially doing the same work out. Do a few laps along the base of the tall climbs to warm up, then boulder for an hour.

Recently, I few of my bouldering friends challenged me to put on a harness and climb some walls, and surprise! it's a completely different workout. Of course, for the past few weeks, they've been razzin me for being such a wimp. Thankfully, tonight, a big group of their friends came out to provide me with some cover. (That and I totally sended my first 5.10a)

After a good 2 hours of raggin on each other (we all found out that the majority of us were engineers), we partook in the age old ritual of post-climbing drinking and waitress harrassment. One of the guys told this gem (fitting for a bar full of engineers other than us):
Four engineers were sitting around one day trying to figure out what kind of engineer he would be given the design of the human body.

The first guy says, "I think he might be a Mechanical Engineer, because of joints and muscle and sense of balance." The other three nodded their heads and said, "Yeah, could be."

The second guy said, "I think he might be an Electrical Engineer, because of the nervous system and neural network." The other three nodded their heads and said, "Yeah, could be."

The third fellow said, "I think he might be a Chemical Engineer, because of hormonal balances and metabolism." The other three nodded their heads and said, "Yeah, could be."

The fourth fellow snaps his fingers and shouts out, "I know, he HAD to have been a Civil engineer!" The other three ask "Why?"

"Well,who else would put a waste water drainage right through a recreational area?"
Zing!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh James, how I hate you.

10/4/05 9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home