Building a Better Slice of Toast For Tomorrow ...morning

1.15.2005

Trust No One.

You know, if it's not one thing, it's another. What is today? January 15th. What does this mean to you? Probably nothing, but to me? It's application deadline time baby.

AND WHERE....are the letters of recommendations from my professors?

THEY'RE AT HOME....WASHING THEIR TIGHTS!

No seriously. Last years application process came to a screeching halt because I didn't have a second academic recommender. This year, that was one of the first things I secured. This year, I talked with both of them extensively about my interests including why certain programs interested me. I talked with them about how to maximize my potential of getting in. And here we are, game time, and they haven't mustered up to their promise, even after several reminders.

My sister says I may not be too fucked, but that I'm still kinda fucked. I can kind of understand why the professors were late. One is starting up a robotics research lab and the other is starting up a small company to supply the navy with active sound insulating ear plugs. But still. I'm fucked.

My old boss, Chris, came through in spades though. Not only did he come through by the deadline, he also wrote an amazing letter of recommendation. Such amounts of high praise coming from him meant a lot. My work at (INSERT CELL PHONE MANUFACTURER HERE) was one of the two most shaping experiences of my life, and I have Chris and Tom (my mentor) to thank for it. But that's an entirely different 3-4 page blog post.

1 Comments:

Blogger pasq242 said...

Uh, today is most definitely not January 15th. At last check, today is April 7th. It's like your blog is a little time capsule.

I've gotten used to scanning your blog all the way back through the beginning of December, just in case you try to sneak one in on me.

Kudos for the Batman reference.

7/4/05 2:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home